Non-inflammatory Destructive Periodontal Disease
Gum disease can lead to tooth loss and other serious dental problems. That’s why it’s important to recognize the risk factors.
Mouthhealthy.org mentions these typical contributors to gum disease:
- Practicing poor dental hygiene.
- Chewing tobacco or smoking.
- Having a genetic predisposition toward gum disease.
- Having crooked teeth that are difficult to keep clean.
- Having diabetes.
- Taking certain calcium channel blockers, oral contraceptives, steroid drugs or some medications used to treat epilepsy and cancer.
Original Content HERE.
Thanks for visiting Shoreline Endodontics of Groton, CT.